Thursday, October 1, 2009

Linked In - Human Trafficking




My friend Phil Cunningham, who was a teacher on my DTS, spoke about justice during his week there. 

He is a man who continues to stay focused on justice issues, and he is truly amazing! I closely follow his links because they are almost always things that are close to my heart and what affects me as a human being, and as a follower of Christ.

He recently posted on facebook a link to someone's blog.  I have heard of Mark Scandrette, but I haven't followed him before.  I will be now!

He tells first about the woman at the well (and trust me we have ALL been the woman at the well in one point in our lives). He tells about his recent experiences with sex trade workers and human trafficking and how they are not only related but completely interconnected.

Jesus came to the woman at the well and He comes to each and every one of us.

It is easy to forget that the women who are working the streets, or the massage parlors, or brothels are beloved to Christ, it is easy to place those women in a separate category and push them away into the margins, forgetting about them and walking away. 

So please go and read his post, it doesn't take long to read, but it is so emotional and so real and so true to my own heart.

1 comment: